Wednesday, June 2, 2010

All because of a little gas!

I took my dog Kozmo (aka Koz-ee-mo) into the vet to get groomed & also get checked up because he has had the most rancid gas ever! So I dropped him off Tuesday morning, expecting to go pick him up at 1:30pm. I get a call at 10am & miss it. So I call back, thinking he is done early. They say they need to discuss a few things with me, but will have to have the tech call me back, and it will be about 10 minutes conversation. Now I am scared. I may not express how much I love my dogs & a lot has changed since having my kids. But they were my first babies & I wouldn't want anything bad to happen! So I wait anxiously for the call. And finally get it about ten minutes later. They said that he has a lump on his prostate & its larger than it should be, he has a cist on his eye that needs to be removed & he has bad teeth. They suggested he be neutered immediately  & have the cist removed at the same time. After 2 weeks we will have to have his prostate reexamined & if it hasn't gone back to normal he will need an ultrasound, then most likely have it removed & some chemo therapy. Eek. Lets hope getting him neutered will fix the problem! But I am glad his gas got so bad, or else I never would have thought to take him in!
Isn't he just so ugly he is cute? Also he is obese & has to take a few pounds off! He weighs 36 pounds & at top weight shouldn't weigh more than 25! Our female Bostons weigh 12 lbs. & 20 lbs. He is huge to say the least. So no more puppies for Mr.Kozmo! And we get to pick him up Thursday morning. Hope it all turns out well! I know he is "just a dog", but he is my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment